How to move or export and import the dashboard?

1. How to move or export and import the dashboard that has already been published or is being created to the location of the region after the dashboard is changed.
  2. Procedure for moving to another QuickSight user.
  1. There are different blog posts related to code (dashboard) migration. you can refer to the following link:
    BIOps: Amazon QuickSight object migration and version control | AWS Big Data Blog

2. As far as moving content to another user. You can share an analysis and dashboard with users. While sharing dashboard it gives you an option to enable “Save As” for the user. For analysis, you can make an user a co-owner. See the below snapshot.

Hope this helps! Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Pallavi , we have recently released Expanded API capabilities for Amazon Quicksight that allow you to export and import (in JSON format) the contents of analysis.

We have added and updated the following APIs that provide this:

These options are added to the ones shared by @sagmukhe allowing you also to export and import your dashboards and version control them for example.

1 Like

Hello @Pallavi

Hope you are able to import dashboard as mentioned by Enrique in the previous post . Since we have not received a response from you on this question, we are marking it as ‘Solution’ .

If you still need support on this issue, please let us know.
Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight CommunityQ&A Forum!|

1 Like

@EnriqueS S Thanks for details , i have created Quick sight analysis through UI , now I would like to export and import in another AWS account

export command is working I am able to generate the JSON from below command
aws quicksight describe-analysis-definition --aws-account-id < Accountid> --analysis-id 3 > analysis_dashboard.json

#Create analysis is giving the erros

aws quicksight create-analysis --aws-account-id --analysis-id --name --definition file://analys-dashoard.json

Missing required parameter in Definition: “DataSetIdentifierDeclarations”
Unknown parameter in Definition: “Status”, must be one of: DataSetIdentifierDeclarations, Sheets, CalculatedFields, ParameterDeclarations, FilterGroups, ColumnConfigurations, AnalysisDefaults
Unknown parameter in Definition: “AnalysisId”, must be one of: DataSetIdentifierDeclarations, Sheets, CalculatedFields, ParameterDeclarations, FilterGroups, ColumnConfigurations, AnalysisDefaults
Unknown parameter in Definition: “Name”, must be one of: DataSetIdentifierDeclarations, Sheets, CalculatedFields, ParameterDeclarations, FilterGroups, ColumnConfigurations, AnalysisDefaults

Please let me know what is missing in above command

@abbagali , I just finished some testing on this.

Assuming the output of the previous command has been sent to a .json file:

aws quicksight create-dashboard \
    --aws-account-id $AWS_ACCOUNT \
    --definition "$(cat dashboard.json | jq '.Definition' -c)" \
    --name $DASHBOARD_NAME \
    --dashboard-id $ID

That will get a dashboard imported. Same for Analysis. The output is a JSON schema that includes other information, and the input only needs the Definition property. You can use JQ to extract that or save just that part of the output to your file.

The only thing I don’t have is sharing the resource with a user from the command line. Those will import, but you’ll need to share it to your user from admin.