How to remove null from the data, it is not working throw filters

In all of my charts there is a null values from the database.
I don’t want to delete the all row from data base, but I want not to calculate and show null values in the chart.
How do I get read from the null values .
I tried from the filters to choose the exclude nulls option but It don’t have any effect on the chart.
thank you allot
Merav Gritzman

Hi @Merav_Gritzman, welcome to the QuickSight Community!

I have found filtering out the NULL values to be a bit tricky at times. To filter out Nulls, one of these options might work for your solution:

1. Filter out the Null values directly via a filter, as seen in the image below:

Image includes Dummy Data

2. If that does not work you can try to create a calculated field to set the null values to a new specific value and filter out that value. For example:

• Create a calculated field to set the NULL values to “1”

• Does not have to be “1” can be any value you like, as long as it is unique to the attribute
  • Then apply the new calculated field (“Test”) as a filter on the visual.

• If the new defined value (“1”) does not show up in the filter list, then you can add it by setting “Filter Type” to “Custom filter list”, and adding “1” in the list

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or if the options above do not work for your dataset.

1 Like

Thanks @Kelseykl. The option -2 is a better option if your data set is going to use in multiple visuals and you want to suppress the NULL from all visuals. If it is specific to one single visual, the first option is good one. Thanks for sharing this solution.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Thank you, I succeed with the second option. It is working great.

1 Like

Hi again.
How do I exclude null at date type column?