How to set calendar default date as my start date and end date in my data file

Hi,

I am looking how we can set the default date filter or limit based on data available like my file started from 1st jan-2020 to 31-dec-2021. My date calendars should not pick other date like 31-Dec-2019

Hi @Naveed , you should be able to use the “relative date” filter to set the date filter to something like “last 2 years” showing in the screenshot below. In the near future, we will launch a feature called “rolling date” through which you can setup more specific dynanic date for your time range such “end of last quarter” or “start of this week”, etc.

2 Likes

Hi @Naveed , I hope this makes sense…you need 2 x filters. 1 x filter for your ‘Users’ (mine is showing 110 days) and 1 x filter set with ‘parameters’ that is Hidden( this has your in-between ‘dates’). Like this…

Create a ‘Start date’ parameter, Set static ‘default’ date…you said ‘2020/01/01’ (in my example I’ve just named it ‘asofdatestart’)

Create a ‘End date’ parameter, in my example I’ve just named it ‘asofdateend’. Now set your static ‘Default Date’…for your example 2021/12/31.
(I have my parameter End dates dynamically set to ‘now’, using GetDate() – more information on setting up Dynamic parameter defaults here @ 16mins 51sec Dynamic Date Filters with Parameters (and more) in QuickSight - YouTube)

SETUP your 1st filter - ‘user’ filter (how you would like them to control their view)

NEXT - Add the 2nd filter but this filter is controlled by ‘parameters’ i.e. ‘asofdatestart’ and ‘asofdateend’

ONLY display your ‘User’ filter on your dashboard and the ‘User’ filter will work within your specific dates of your ‘parameter’ filter.

1 Like

Thanks let me try it

It looking workable let me try it.

1 Like