How to set calendar default date as my start date and end date in my data file

Hi,

I am looking how we can set the default date filter or limit based on data available like my file started from 1st jan-2020 to 31-dec-2021. My date calendars should not pick other date like 31-Dec-2019

Hi @Naveed , you should be able to use the ā€œrelative dateā€ filter to set the date filter to something like ā€œlast 2 yearsā€ showing in the screenshot below. In the near future, we will launch a feature called ā€œrolling dateā€ through which you can setup more specific dynanic date for your time range such ā€œend of last quarterā€ or ā€œstart of this weekā€, etc.

2 Likes

Hi @Naveed , I hope this makes senseā€¦you need 2 x filters. 1 x filter for your ā€˜Usersā€™ (mine is showing 110 days) and 1 x filter set with ā€˜parametersā€™ that is Hidden( this has your in-between ā€˜datesā€™). Like thisā€¦

Create a ā€˜Start dateā€™ parameter, Set static ā€˜defaultā€™ dateā€¦you said ā€˜2020/01/01ā€™ (in my example Iā€™ve just named it ā€˜asofdatestartā€™)

Create a ā€˜End dateā€™ parameter, in my example Iā€™ve just named it ā€˜asofdateendā€™. Now set your static ā€˜Default Dateā€™ā€¦for your example 2021/12/31.
(I have my parameter End dates dynamically set to ā€˜nowā€™, using GetDate() ā€“ more information on setting up Dynamic parameter defaults here @ 16mins 51sec Dynamic Date Filters with Parameters (and more) in QuickSight - YouTube)

SETUP your 1st filter - ā€˜userā€™ filter (how you would like them to control their view)

NEXT - Add the 2nd filter but this filter is controlled by ā€˜parametersā€™ i.e. ā€˜asofdatestartā€™ and ā€˜asofdateendā€™

ONLY display your ā€˜Userā€™ filter on your dashboard and the ā€˜Userā€™ filter will work within your specific dates of your ā€˜parameterā€™ filter.

1 Like

Thanks let me try it

It looking workable let me try it.

1 Like