How to show a row count in a table

Seems like a dumb question, but how do I show a row count in a flat table. The only way I have found is to add a column and set the aggregate to count, which puts a “1” in the cell for every row, and then I can turn on totals to see the count. I’d rather just be able to show the count for any existing column I choose. For example, my table has only date and string fields.

I would add KPI or Insight visual that shows total number of rows since most of the time I don’t want to see counts for individual rows.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I’d still rather have this as a feature where I could put a row count inside of a total or subtotal row in a table. Seems like a simple and common feature that should be supported.

You can add a calculated field called “row_count” with the expression as “1”. And then put this field into the table. It should work. Thanks.

We can mark this as a feature request. Thanks

3 Likes

How do you create a KPI to display the count of rows for a pivot table that has changing rows due to filters?

Hi,
Use the same filters which are in your pivot table for the KPI visual.

Is it possible to add the number of rows without adding the calculate field?
Or at least that the lines of the calculate field do not contain 1, but the value of that field?
for example:
“something”
“something”
“something”
total: 3