I want to add a rule where the user cannot put the start date after the end date

Hi guys,
I have two filters of date and I want to include a rule where the user that is using my dashboard can’t put the start date after the end date

I haven’t found where can I do it in my two fields of date

In this picture I have two filters of date, then I want what I described above

1 Like

Hello @Gabriel_CS, I am actually not certain that there is a way to accomplish this. You could add a little note above the filters if you are worried about this happening as well. Plus, if a user does this, they will see that no data is being returned so they would hopefully know to change the filter values.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a
better service. I have tagged this as a feature request. Let me know if you have any further questions, otherwise I can archive this for the support team. Thank you!

Hi @Gabriel_CS,

Have you tried using a between in the filter?

You will end up with 2 date pickers like this

Let me know if this helps!

Hi @andres007,

I’m using a between filter in my graphics and other dashboards, however I have two parameters separeted to define my filter, and these parameters don’t have an interaction each other, then it hasn’t helped me to solve my problem.

I thank your help

1 Like

Hi @DylanM,

Ok, you can tag this as a feature request,

That would be it for now, thank you

2 Likes

Hello @Gabriel_CS, I have had the similar experience as well. I suppose I have always just assumed that the viewers wouldn’t select a start date after an end date, but I do think this functionality would be helpful and ensure proper selections are made. Thank you for your feedback, I have tagged the topic as a feature request. I’ll archive this topic for our support team.