Insight - WoW & metric comparison

Hi All,
iโ€™m building a insight in my dashboard, but i found the Goal metric comparison and WoW metric comparison can not show up in the same time and in the same page.

(date always selected 1week(Sun-Sat) if use date filter the goal comparison can show up, but Wow will be error. but if did not use date filter, Wow can show up but Goal comparison will be error.

does anyone have any idea that can fix this issue, is possible make Goal comparison and WoW happen in same page? Thanks.

WoW:
sum(ifelse(truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,{latest_ship_datetime})=truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,${TimePeriodEnd}),{ontime_units},0))/sum(ifelse(truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,{latest_ship_datetime})=truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,${TimePeriodEnd}),({ontime_units}+{late_units}),0))-sum(ifelse(dateDiff(truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,{latest_ship_datetime}),truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,${TimePeriodEnd}),โ€˜WKโ€™)=1,{ontime_units},0))/sum(ifelse(dateDiff(truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,{latest_ship_datetime}),truncDate(โ€˜WKโ€™,${TimePeriodEnd}),โ€˜WKโ€™)=1,({ontime_units}+{late_units}),0))

Hello @Chloe5 !

To make sure I understand what is happening, when you try to use both the OTDvGoalPercentDifferent.formattedValue and wowotb.totalAggregate.formattedValue the Insight breaks or that it splits the visual up into two panels on your analysis?

From the screenshots you shared its hard to tell whether or not you have the calculations happening in the same narrative editor

Hi Duncan,
i want to make them visual up in the same panel, but fail.
so i want to know how to make it happen show in same panel.

Hello @Chloe5 !

You should be able to apply multiple computations in the same insight narrative. Here is a video from AWS that I found helpful when I started working on insight narratives:

Let me know if this helps or if you still run in to trouble. Again, you should be able to add both of those computations in the same panel, you may just need to make sure that you are adding line breaks or ensuring that each new computation is in its own Inline code.

Hi,
Thanks for shared the video and the walkthrough. New information i can learn.
Unfortunately, i did not found something can fix my problem. maybe i need learn more.
i add POP for WoW but not work. :persevere:

1 Like

Hello @Chloe5, just to confirm, one metric doesnโ€™t display when a date filter is added and the other metric only displays when the date filter is added, is that correct? If so, what if you removed the date filter from the visual and used a calculated field that filters the date for the metric that requires it? You could even use parameters from your date filter to manage this. It would look something like this:
ifelse(${StartDate} <= {Date} AND ${EndDate} >= {Date}, {Date}, NULL)

Then you could swap that in your field well for the metric. Maybe that would solve the issue you are facing!

1 Like

Hi Dylan,
yes, your understanding is correct.
Thanks for your comment, your method is a bit complicated, but it gave me inspiration, i found that can use calculated field for goal Metric Comparison directly. This problem fix, thanks!!

1 Like

Hello @Chloe5, I am glad that helped resolve your issue, thank you for letting us know!