Is data grouping now available in Paginated Reports?

I was told that a new feature to group data in paginated reports was going to be released last fall, but I have not yet seen any sign of it. When is it expected?

Our use case is report cards for schools. The paginated report should be able to list student data for one class, then go back and do the same for a second class, and then again for a third, and then… you get it.

Hello @kas4lift, welcome to the QuickSight community!

As it is one of the newer features to QuickSight, a lot of work is being done to make paginated reporting even better. If you want to be up to date on when new features and functionalities are released for this tool, you can set notifications to watching on the What’s New / Blog page of the QuickSight community. That way you will be one of the first people to know when the feature is added!

I can also go ahead and tag this as a feature request so our Support Team knows it is important to our clients. Let me know if you have any further questions, otherwise I will archive this topic. Thank you for the feedback!

Hi @kas4lift,
EDIT: this feature is not GA yet. Modifying original response to reflect that.

I believe you are looking for a new feature. Please contact me for more information.

I’ll mark this a solution. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.
Asem.

1 Like

Asem,

Thanks for your reply. Your screenshot looks promising, but the linked help page did not mention anything about repeated sections, other searches are not yielding any answers, and my section block only includes edit, not edit repeating section. How do I create a repeating section, or convert an existing section to a repeating section?

Thanks for your help. I’m excited to begin exploring this feature.

Hi @kas4lift,
I might have jumped the gun there with my response :). The repeating section feature is in progress and available for preview testing. Can you reach out to me separately, and I can assist on enabling for your account. Click on my name, and Message.

1 Like

Asem,
It would be great if you could enable the new repeating sections feature on our account - I’m happy to help with the preview testing *). What do you need from me to do that?
~Karen

Hello @kas4lift, I don’t believe that is something that the AWS team is able to permission, but @Asem can correct me if I am wrong here.