Is it possible to apply conditional formatting in a column or bar chart and display the top N results with diff color out of N?

I am trying to apply conditional formatting here and want to show top 5 Lead owners and I also want to display different colors (as teal color here) for the top N.
Right now I have done manually for the top 5 Lead owners but I need it dynamic as if someone with ‘Grey’ color right now can come in top 5 in future, Is it possible ?

Hi @Vaibhav_Patidar
you could create a calculated field thats showing “Top5” or “Others”. That field you can place on “color”.
BR

Hi @Vaibhav_Patidar
Could you find a solution?
BR

Hello @Vaibhav_Patidar !

It has been some time since we have heard from you but would still like to help you find a solution. Was @ErikG 's response helpful and if so could you mark their comment as a solution to help the community?

If we do not hear from you in the next 3 business days this topic will be archived.

Hi @ErikG,
was involved in some other activities hence the delay in reply.

I tried this that time but the error was:
“Custom aggregation field is not allowed as a dimension” (in Group/Color section).

I tried it with Rank and then used Ifelse to make “top5” and “Others” as you suggested.

Hello @Vaibhav_Patidar !

Can you share your calculated field that gave you that error?

Did you try something like this?

ifelse(
{rank calc} = 1, 'Good', 
{rank calc} = 2, 'Neutral',
etc....
)

Hello @duncan

Here are my calculated fields:

Here I am counting the leads generated with help of Lead Date and then using these in below calculated field “top 5/Others”:

I hope I am not doing any mistake over here :frowning:

Regards,
Vaibhav

Hello @Vaibhav_Patidar !

It depends on your data. Could you try the follow calculations?:

calc1 = sumOver(Sales, [Product], PRE_AGG)

calc2 = denseRank([{calc1} DESC], [], PRE_AGG)

calc3 = ifelse({calc2} >= 1 AND {calc2}<= 5, 'Top 5', 'Others')

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like