Is it possible to use fields from two different datasets and put into one visual?

I have two datasets, one is customer based, i.e. customer information. The other dataset is related to a system which either declines or accepts a customer based on their customer information, and other external checks. i want to take whether they are rejected or not, if they are then why, from one dataset. i want to take their name, id, date, type of device, from the other dataset, and create a visual which allows me to analyze the data.
Is this possible?
i have used chatgpt to search for an answer, however the methods seem unreliable and not worth wasting an hour or so trying out as most likely are either out-dated, or just dont work

Hi @HarveyB-B,
as both datasets contain the customer information. why not join the datasets and create the visual. Somehow you need a link between the two datasets to get your requirement working.
BG

1 Like

but i do not know how to link the datasets, this is what i need the answer for. the only other thing ive tried doing is downloading both to csv/excel, merging them together in an excel spreadsheet, and use this new excel as a dataset for quicksight. Finishing up now so haven’t fully completed it but hopefully it should work (even if it looks ugly in excel, i’ll get the same front-end look in quicksight)

The only problem with this is that the data i receive isnt being updated every hour/day, therefore it will only show me data on pieces from before the day i downloaded it. as a short-term fix, it should work. However for seeing future trends and progress, this isnt as useful.

In the dataset area you can use both datasets as source and then join them via customer id or what ever is similar in both.
You can use the new dataset in your analysis by adding a additional or replacing the old one.

1 Like

As someone new to QuickSight, how do i use both datasets as source?
I am in a business group on quicksight with my own individual account with access to different things, so doing this may be challenging.

If you have the permission try

2 Likes

Welcome to the QuickSight Community @ErikG, and thank you for sharing your expertise with the QuickSight Community! :slight_smile:

1 Like