Is there a way to specify certain folders ending with specific "strings" in the S3 Manifest?

Is there a way to specify certain folders ending with specific “strings” in the S3 Manifest?

Current Manifest File

{
	"fileLocations": [{
		"URIPrefixes": [
			"s3://bucketName/A_folder/",
            "s3://bucketName/B_folder/",
            "s3://bucketName/C_folder/"

]
	}],
	"globalUploadSettings": {
		"format": "CSV"
	}
}

can I have the URI Prefix like this below?

"s3://bucketName/*_folder/"

so Quicksight can fetch only files inside folders ending with “folder”?

Hello Menggi,

Welcome to the QS community. I don’t think wildcard thing in the folder name is possible but you may try it. i guess it may not work.

URIPrefixes – Use this array to list URI prefixes for S3 buckets and folders. All files in a specified bucket or folder are imported. Amazon QuickSight recursively retrieves files from child folders.

QuickSight can access Amazon S3 buckets or folders that are in any AWS Region. Make sure to use a URI prefix format that identifies the S3 bucket’s AWS Region if it’s different from that used by your QuickSight account.

URI prefixes in the following formats are supported.

Fore more info - Supported formats for Amazon S3 manifest files - Amazon QuickSight

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep

1 Like

Hello @Mengqi_Ma !

Was @Deep 's comment above helpful, and if so could you mark their post as a solution?

It has been a few days since we have heard from you but would still like to help find a solution. If we do not hear back from you in 3 days this post will be archived.