Jira (Cloud) Connector empty fields

Hello everyone,

I am working on a jira project management dashboard and would like to use quicksight’s native jira connector. The data source offers two tables (projects and issues). However the issues table isn’t filled properly. The following fields are empty: epic name, sprints. Is there any way to fix this problem?

3 Likes

Hello @Ceyda, welcome to the QuickSight community!

I have not utilized the direct connection to Jira to create a dataset in QuickSight, but I think with a little more information I can guide you further. To clarify, the Projects table is returning data how you are expecting, am I correct? I just want to make sure that one of the tables is working to ensure that this is not an issue with permissions. I will link some documentation from AWS that contains the process to properly establish a connection with a SaaS application like Jira.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/quicksight/latest/user/connecting-to-saas-data-sources.html

Also, in regards to the issues table, are fields other than epic name and sprints being pulled into the dataset as expected? I am wondering if maybe there is an issue with naming conventions or something on the Jira side that QuickSight is limiting.

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for helping me out!
Data from Jira is being pulled. The issues tables does contain the correct data, only some fields are empty.
Therefore the connection seems to be working.
In Jira we used default settings for epics and sprints.

1 Like

Hello @Ceyda, Thank you for letting us know. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case.

If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you Dylan,
I will try to contact the Support Team and work with what i have for now.

1 Like