Long loading times on different computers

I have found that when I use my laptop, visuals load in almost instantly, however on my computer (which has far better specs) some visual will infinitely load.

I am using Firefox on both machines, but I have tried other browsers. I have the same browser plugins and have tried disabling anit-virus software on my computer- but nothing seems to work.

1 Like

Hello @Robert.Arken, that is very interesting. Are you utilizing the QuickSight console directly, or is it an embedded view of QuickSight? Also, when viewing from the laptop and the desktop, are you using both on the same network or different? Pop-up blockers, internet speeds/throttling, and how you are viewing QuickSight are the main things I can think of that would cause something like this to happen. Also, you are connecting with the same QuickSight user account, correct?

With a little more information, I can try to guide you to a solution. Thank you!

Hi @Robert.Arken - Can you also check whether you are using any VPN or network before connecting to QS in both machines. If you are directly connecting QS without an intermediate network, both systems should give you the result in same time. I believe in your desktop the traffic may be blocked or filtered. You need see how the traffic is going from your desktop to QS.

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

In addition to what’s already been said, to help you troubleshoot, you can look at the Network tab in DevTools in your browser to see which specific requests are taking long.

3 Likes

Hello @Robert.Arken, do you have any follow-up questions on this topic? One of the responses above will hopefully help you resolve the issue you are facing. I will mark my reply as the solution, but if you have any follow-up questions, please let us know!