Merge Datasets

I have two datasets in QuickSight that have the same column names and datatypes. I would like to merge them into a single dataset, similar to how the Union operation works. Is there a way to accomplish this in QuickSight using either the GUI or CLI?

1 Like

@ali.ahmad - Unfortunately UNION operation is still not available withing QuickSight. If your datasets are SQL based you can do that in SQL or else it had to be pre-processed before being fed into QuickSight. I know that support for Union and Pivot are on their roadmap, but not yet available. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi, is there a timeline that can be shared on when this would be available in Quicksight? We are moving our reporting from Power BI to Quicksight, I have about 12 months of data I am trying to merge (all in excel) and would be good to know for my use case.

Hi @akila,

Unfortunately we can’t share our timeline here. There is a simple workaround for your use case. Put all your files in an S3 bucket, then use QuickSight to load the S3 bucket directly or through Athena.

Hope it helps!
Thanks,
Ian

1 Like