Named Entity in Q uses sales fields as Dimension instead of Measure

Good Day,

I have an issue with the Named Entity in Q. I have multiple sales fields for various products: For example: Nr of Loans Issued, Nr of Insurance Policies issued, etc.

I have grouped them under the Named Entity “Sales”. So when a user asks “show me all Sales per month”, it returns the results correctly in a table visual, but the order is incorrect. The Date column (or any other Dimension columns (Province, Store Name, etc)) appears at the end of the table.

I assume this is because the Named Entity itself is seen as a DIMENSION?

How can I ensure that the Named Entity fields appears after the Date column when searches are done?

Thanks

Hello, the order of fields displayed in the answer should match the configuration of column order in the named entity. I was unable to reproduce the error that you are facing. Please DM me details of your field configurations and the named entity so that we can deep dive and understand what could be causing this behaviour

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @deepak,

Thanks for the response. I will try to DM you and add screenshots if possible to better explain the situation. I do understand that the field order in the Named Entity is how it will display, but the Date field is not part of the Sales Named Entity

Hi @deepak,

Sorry, I could not figure out how to send a DM. I added the screenshots here. I created the “Sales” Named Entity with 2 integer fields as below. Both fields have the same configuration shown. But when I do a search the Date column appears at the end of the table

Hi @Net1_Admin ,

Are you still facing this issue ? We’d still like to help. If we do not hear back in the next 7 days, we will archive the question.

Kind regards,
Koushik