Nnecting to quicksight by DIRRECT and not SPICE, I read that there is a cache memory, which might affect performance (for short periods of time). Would it be possible to turn off the cache memory and check the performance once with and once without it

Hi, I would like to check the dashboard’s performance - how long does it take to upload, to apply different filters, etc.

In spite of the dashboard connecting to quicksight by DIRRECT and not SPICE, I read that there is a cache memory, which might affect performance (for a short period of time).

Would it be possible to turn off the cache memory and check the performance once with and once without it

A little p.s.

I couldn’t find any effective testing method other than using a stopwatch. Please let me know if there is another way to see the performance.

Thank you in advance.

Noy

Hi @Noys,

Could you point to documentation where you read about cache memory ?

The Amazon Cloudwatch metrics should provide you additional details : Monitor your Amazon QuickSight deployments using the new Amazon CloudWatch integration | AWS Big Data Blog

You can use the available dashboard in Cloudwatch as well > click on Dashboards > Automatic Dashboards > select QuickSight

Kind Regards,
Koushik

1 Like

Hi @Koushik_Muthanna

Thank you for your response!

Regarding the performance, I found it, although I didn’t find many metrics, such as how many times any filter had to be applied.

Actually, I don’t remember any specific documentation about the cache, I just know that power bi has, and when I checked, I saw that QuickSight also has.
If you have any information about this, I’d like to know it

Thanks,

Noy