No data to schedule alert

I am able to schedule threshold alerts to trigger emails in my dashboard but I never get the email and when I go to edit the alert it says that there is no data to track in the ‘value’ field.

Capture6

looks like there are no “value” column exists in the visual?
can you share a screenshot of the visual?

I have used a date and a calculated field for comparison.

calculated field should still work. can try to click the “Create alert” button again in this visual?

I have tried that multiple times with different threshold values. I thought it had something to do with the calculated field so I used another field which is just a count of orders but it still had the same issue

alert will be triggered only if dataset are refreshed. did you try to refresh the dataset after updated alert configuration?

1 Like

Hi,

Yes I refreshed the dataset but it still did not send me an email.

are you using company email address? may have a chance that the email was blocked

Hi @Ankitha . If it turns out that the email was not blocked and you continue experiencing this issue, you may want to consider filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

I was using my company email address and it actually was getting blocked. So the issue is resolved thank you! Another question, if I was manually uploading an excel dataset file every day to update the dashboard and I have scheduled alerts for a field in that dataset, would I not get the email then?

Hi Ankitha, you will still receive the alert even it is a manual upload and refresh.

1 Like

Hello @royyung,

I am facing the same issue. I wonder if there is documentation or if you could explain to me how to unblock the company email for the alerts.

@Ankitha, could you explain it to me (if possible)?

Thanks in advance!

if it was blocked by your company’s email server, then you need to check with your company email administrator to unblock the email from QuickSight

2 Likes