Not able to create alert on Count metrics, I was able to do that previously

My old Alerts on Count metrics are still working. But i am not able to create a new one on Count metric , it is not showing the option to create the Alert on Count metric now. Is something updated in Quicksight regarding alerts?

@Manohar1, alerts can be created from dashboard only and not from analysis. Can you confirm you are accessing a visual (KPI, gauge, table, pivot table visuals) on a dashboard. You can create alert on above 4 visuals, are you trying to create alert on another visual.

Hi Deepak, I am able to access the visuals on the dashboard. I am trying to create an alert on Pivot table only. I have two metrics in the pivot table, one is a metric based on distinct count and second one is based on sum. I am able to create the alert on Metric which is based on Sum, but not on count metric

Hello @Manohar1 !

You should be able to create a threshold alert from your pivot table, I suggest checking out the documentation on how to manage alerts. One note is to make sure that you did not lose access to that dashboard.

I am going to archive this topic since it has been open for an extended period of time. If you would still like assistance with this, or if you have a new QuickSight question, feel free to post a new topic in the community so you will be at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!