Not finding the csv file download link in the email sent using the Paginated report

Hi,

The paginated report has been added to the existing QS dashboard. And I have scheduled the paginated report to send the “csv file download link” via email. But I am not finding the csv downlaod link in the email. Please help us to solve this issue. Thanks.

Hi @Saral

That’s odd. Do all the emails miss the CSV link?

Does the table have data? Are there any RLS rules?

If its setup correctly and the table has data it should show link.
Would suggest you create a support ticket to get this quickly to engineering.

Thanks!
Ramon

1 Like

Hey @Saral Did you find the solution for the problem?
I am also facing the same issue.

hi @Saral and @syed_imran

in the email you got, click on VIEW RECENT SNAPSHOTS next to “View Dashboard”. This will take you to the dashboard where you will see on the right side a panel will all the downloadable files, including csv files.

Thanks,
GL

2 Likes

Hi @gillepa I dont see any thing under view recent snapshots.
Do i need to do any other configurations?

Hi @syed_imran

You need first to enable/generate the csv files when you create the schedule. Once you do that, the csv file should show up in the Recent Snapshots section.

1 Like

@gillepa yup i did all these settings

1 Like

Hi @syed - if you did all that, then either clicked on SEND TEST or Scheduled and RAN a “new schedule” successfully, and you still don’t see that csv files in the Recent Snapshots section, then please open a ticket with the support team.
I believe you have Paginated Reports Enabled since the CSV toggle is not disabled or greyed out.

Official Document on Sending Reports:

2 Likes

When setting up the scheduled email report with paginated reports, we have the option to generate CSV files from multiple visuals that are selected. With PDF, we have the option to choose “Download link” and/or “File attachment”, but with the CSV option, we only have the ability to select “Download link”. The CSV file will not be included as an attachment with the email.

So once we choose to include CSV formatted content in our scheduled report and then select the “Download link” option for the CSV content, it adds the “VIEW RECENT SNAPSHOTS” option/link to the email. This will be visible just under the dashboard title in the email report. The users who receive the email can click on the “View Recent Snapshots” link and it will direct them to the dashboard in QuickSight (may need to already be signed into QuickSight or be required to sign in on clicking the link) and open the most recent scheduled reports. From here, the users can download the generated CSV files.

This is currently the expected way to retrieve the CSV files that are generated at the time of a scheduled email report.

Hi Gillepa,

The scheduled emails (which leads to the CSV file downlaod link) are missing for some days. What could be the reason ? Please advise. Thanks !

Thanks @gillepa Can you please guide me or share the link to create a support ticket?

Thanks @Saral for nicely explaining.

1 Like

@gillepa “The CSV file will not be included as an attachment with the email.”
Any plans on feature update where users can receive the report as an attachment in Email?

These information is provided by the AWS customer support team. They have a plan to add the new feature to include the csv file as the email attachment in the future. Thanks !

1 Like

Oh wow.Thats great.
Thanks Much.

Hi @syed_imran

in AWS console, go to Support Center and then click on Create Case on the left side of the window.

Thank you so much @gillepa

Good news! You can now schedule the export of CSV and Excel. Please see more information here Amazon QuickSight adds scheduled and programmatic export to Excel format and Scheduling and sending reports by email - Amazon QuickSight

1 Like