Orphaned dashboard and folder recovery

Tech Services deleted a user from Quicksight which we thought was redundant. The account was the Owner of a number of datasets and analyses. We’ve managed to restore what we think is most of the missing things. However, we do not know what the Dashboards are or which folder(s) they were shared to.
Is there an API call, or number of calls, we can use to find the information on which dashboards were where? I imagine somebody must have run into this issue. AWS Support told us it was all gone forever but we found some things can be restored.

Richard

Hi @RichardAustin
not sure if and how long the membership is attached to a asset.
But one thing I am thinking of is

Challenge is the link is only from folder to member not the other way around.

BR

1 Like

Thanks Erik, I’ll have a look.

Richard

1 Like

Hi @RichardAustin - cloudwatch logs have the details for 3 months… and you can create a process and see what the user have access and extract a report out of it. It may not give full details about the user ( 3 months old) but give details for last 3 months…

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

Thank you Sanjeeb, that might be really useful. I don’t have access to Cloud Trail but out Tech team do.

1 Like

Hi @RichardAustin,
It’s been awhile since we last heard from you; did you have any remaining questions regarding your initial topic?

If we do not hear back from you within 3 business days, I’ll mark the solution.

Thank you!

Hi @RichardAustin,
Since we haven’t heard back, I’ll go ahead and mark the solution. However, if you have any additional questions, feel free to create a new topic in the community and link this discussion for relevant information.

Thank you!