Paginated Reports?

Hey,

I do not currently have access to “Paginated reports”, meaning I can not email Excel and CSV files at this stage.

I have a few questions:

1. On the website (screenshot below) it says that with an Annual Plan you can send 4000 reports per month. Each report can be 100 pages long or 100 MB in size. I assume that “100 pages” applies to PDF files while the 100 MB limit applies to Excel / CSV files?

2. Can I broadcast different Quicksight Sheets as different “Excel sheets”? I.e. if I make a report with multiple sheets in Quicksight, does this come out as multiple sheets in an Excel file?

3. If I exceed 4000 email reports per month with a monthly plan, each additional report will cost $0.50 to send?

4. The “paginated reports” subscription is separate and added on top of the “Quicksight subscription”, right?

Hello @Joony,

1. Excel and CSV report units are calculated based on their size. PDF report units are calculated based on both page count and size, whichever is exceeded first. For example a PDF could be 50 pages but 150MB in that case it will be 2 report units. So if you schedule a report whcih extracts a PDF of 50 pages, with a size of 150MB, and an excel export table visuals which is 50MB, this will use 2 report units for the PDF and 1 report unit for the Excel.
  2. The way you export Paginated Reports into excel is by selecting the visuals that can be exported to Excel/CSV, e.g. Tables and Pivot Tables. If you have a report with more than one of these types of visuals and you select them, each of these visuals will end up in a different sheet, if you use Excel and in different files if you use CSV.
  3. Yes, if paid annualy, for monthly it is 1 usd per repoting unit over the 500 / month.
  4. Yes.
1 Like

@andres007 Thanks for your prompt response. It would be great to get clarity on point 1. Let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Joony,

I got the answer to your first question.

Excel and CSV report units are calculated based on their size. PDF report units are calculated based on both page count and size, whichever is exceeded first. For example a PDF could be 50 pages but 150MB in that case it will be 2 report units.

So if you schedule a report whcih extracts a PDF of 50 pages, with a size of 150MB, and an excel export table visuals which is 50MB, this will use 2 report units for the PDF and 1 report unit for the Excel.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@andres007 Thank you, it’s all clear.

Another question that popped up in my mind. Do you offer any custom packages that are "between the monthly and annual subscription? I think that the jump from 500 to 4000 paginated reports is quite large. Would there be any option to say… pay for 2000 paginated reports as an example? Or are the subscription options strictly these two?

Hi, I am glad I answered your questions. About special pricing options, I do not know, all that is documented is that it is possible to ask for larger reporting needs.

You can always contact your account manager if you have one, or raise a support general guidance question to have an official answer.

1 Like

Hi. I have additional question maybe its answered but i never get it clear :slight_smile:

If we send 1 report with Excel 50MB to 100 different emails does this mean that 100 units are sent or it will be counted as 1 unit?