Pausing alterts and notification

Is there a way to pause notifications or alerts for a predefined period for all the dashboards in my instance ?

Example : I have a predefined window for rolling out a release for my product. This role out would mess up with the dataset so i would like to pause all reader defined / author defined notifications for the role out period to avoid unwanted notifications.

I don’t believe this is possible without manually having to do it.

I can mark this as a feature request.

Hi Fynd,

Adding on to Max’s response. While there is no specific disable option currently, there are some workarounds you can utilize. If your dataset is in SPICE mode, the alert evaluation happens after SPICE is refreshed. So, you can push the dataset refresh schedule out temporarily to ensure that refresh and hence alerts don’t happen during next x hours. If it is direct query dataset, you can do the same on the alert schedule from the dataset details page. This is viable option as long as you are having just few datasets feeding your dashboards. However, it is not scalable for higher number of datasets.

I have put in a Product Feature Request for capability to disable alerts at dataset and account level. Here’s the Internal link . Please have your AWS TAM/SA file a customer influence against this PFR on your behalf. If you don’t have an assigned AWS TAM/SA, send me your org details (at arunsant@amazon.com) and I will add it on your behalf.

Marking this response as solution to your question. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh