Period over period computation for category in custom narrative insights

Hi team,

In the period over-period computation, I was able to achieve the aggregated value for the present week, the previous week, and its difference, however, I would also like to display the aggregated values across category values for the present, and previous week and its difference.

I could keep a categorical field in the category field well but was unable to see or utilize that particular field in the period-over-period computation. Is there any way I can achieve the same using calculated fields or adding one more computation on the same insight? Appreciate your help.

Hi Lalprasanth,
do you want to add a part in the calculation, that filters your period-over-period computation to one selected category?
If yes: you can create a parameter and filter in your calculation to the selected value.
As an alternative: you can add a filter to the visual.

Regards Nico

Hi @Nico

I could able to achieve the computation below

Total count for Mar 1, 2023 increased by 4.93%(8125) from 16872(current week) to 172998(this week)

However, I would also like to have something like the belove three computation

Total count for Mar 1, 2023

1. Category value 1 increased by 1.03%(689) from 1008(current week) to 1697(present week)

2. Category value 2 decreased by -0.62%(-432) from 1432(current week) to 1000(present week)

3. Category value 3 increased by 2.4%(732) from 1000(current week) to 1732(present week)

Hi @lalprasanth
do you want to visualise this in a table or as text (as insight)?
Regards Nico

@Nico i would like to achieve this as text(insights)…if not can we achieve this text in a table

Regards
Lal

@lalprasanth
you can only receive the values for categorys that are under the top mover. I guess you want to visualise all categorys from that dimenions.
I suggest to use a table and the following calculations:

• periodOverPeriodDifference
  • periodOverPeriodPercentDifference
  • periodOverPeriodLastValue

Example: periodOverPeriodDifference(count(ifelse(dateDiff([YOUR NEWEST DATE], [YOUR DATEFIELD], “WK”) < 2, [YOUR MEASURE] , NULL)),[YOUR DATEFIELD],WEEK, -1)
Group by: Category and Date (Weeks)
Value: Your Calculations
Filter: Excluding null values for your calculation and filter for the latest two weeks.

Regards Nico