Pivot data value changes when downloading in csv format

Hey all,

Value of a text column changes when downloaded using export to csv.

This is a pivot table which I have :

After downloading in csv format, I see some random dates in few rows of abtestgroup column:

Can somebody help on why this is happening ?

Hi Ummehaani,

It looks like your second screenshot is in Excel. I believe this is an issue of how column B is being formatted in Excel. Can you please test right clicking on the “B” at the top of column B and selecting “Format Cells”, then select “Text” or “General” for the format type of that cell?

Does this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Hey @Peter ,
Changing the column type does not help.

Its still the same

Thanks for testing that out! Can you please provide what values you are expecting to see in the cells where the incorrect values are being returned? In addition, can you clarify if this column is using a calculation to determine the values in that column? Lastly, can you also test changing the column format to General instead of Text?

Hey @Peter,
Issue is resolved, That was something wrong with excel auto detection and nothing to do with Quicksight.

Thanks for your reply.