Plot from different datasets in the same graph

I want to plot from 2 different datasets in a single graph- (both already loaded). The goals are in a different dataset to the actuals. Both of them have vastly different granularities and hence cannot be joined. Is there any way to do this? I want to be able to have the actuals v/s target for multiple countries/timeperiods driven by parameters and controls.

Hi @Tanisha_Shetty -

The best way would be to adjust data granularity in your ETL process. It sounds like that may not be an option for you.

Multiple datasets in the same visual is not currently possible with QuickSight. Depending your specific use case you could try using a free-form layout and overlap the visuals.

Example:
Use a reference line for alignment and then remove after.

DataSet 1: Light Blue
DataSet 2: Dark Blue

2 Likes

Thanks Rob,

This was a clever hack! I would like to plot the monthly actual vs target for multiple countries. I am able to overlay the two graphs and have changed one of them to be transparent. However, I am really struggling to align the two charts now even with a reference line - there is always a bit of a gap between the two graphs. Please see the reference snapshot below:

Hi @Tanisha_Shetty -

Try turning off all additional labels/legends/etc. I think for your example to align better you’ll have to turn off these for the overlapping visual;

• y-axis labels
  • x-axis data zoom

You also have to manually set the x and y axis ranges.

I tried a bit and it wouldn’t align well. I have decided to create another dataset with the granularity I need and bring together achievement vs goals in the same table. Hopefully, it will work with that! Thank You :slight_smile: