Possible to disable dates in date-picker controls?

I have an embedded dashboard that allows users to filter all visuals via two date-picker controls. Currently, users can select any date from all of history (for example, it is possible to select 1300/01/01). This causes confusion among users who are not aware that although they can select any date, the available data only goes back to the beginning of 2022.

I am looking for a way to prevent users from selecting dates prior to a specific date. Ideally I would like to simply not allow users to navigate further back than January 2022 in the date-picker, but making earlier dates impossible to select would be sufficient. I can’t find anything about this in the documentation or other topics on the forum – hoping someone out there has run into this before and can share a solution I’ve missed. Thanks!

Hello,
When you click on the year,the drop down list shows a limited set of year to go back. Only if you type the date/year manually you have such option.
There is no option to restrict the entered date when an user type it manually.
We can take this as a recommendation to future improvements.
Thank you

Thank you Jose, but this does not answer my question. I’d like to restrict the options in the calendar itself such that it is impossible for users to select a date from the calendar prior to, say, 1st January 2022. This is rather basic functionality for a date picker so I assume there must be some way to achieve it.

1 Like

Hi Jacob, I cannot help you with that, but strongly agree that this is a functionality that would be great to have.

1 Like

Hi Jacob, Quicksight does not support this functionality yet. We will take it as a feature request and plan on our roadmap. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, @mahak_garg. Am I correct that the only way to accomplish this today would be via javascript and URL parameters as described in this thread?

If so, is there any way to position these javascript controls inline with native Quicksight controls?

@jacobwatson I am not familiar with the script way.