Potential bug with multi-value analysis parameter linked to dataset parameter

I have an analysis parameter that supports multiple integer values and I’m linking it to a dataset parameter. The dataset is defined like this:
select * from table1 where yr in (<<$year>>)

The issue is when the Control in my analysis only has one value in it (i.e. the drop down for year only has one entry), the control value is set to All even though such parameters do not support it according to the documentation:

as a result, the query being run in Athena looks like this:

I can come up with some hack to get around this as the scope is currently limited for me but seems like this is an issue in the tool.

Somewhat related, there’s documentation on how to implement “Select All” with dataset parameters when the parameter is a string: Advanced use cases of dataset parameters - Amazon QuickSight

Any interesting ideas for doing the same with Integer types?

Hello @evgeny55 !

Could you break down more about how you built the parameters in the analysis vs the dataset layer in Quicksight? Also, how did you set up the control with your default values?

Hi @duncan, i actually just realized that this is expected behavior. In advanced settings for the parameter, i can set the “Select All” value and for multi-value integer parameters, Long max is what gets passed. I’ll have to adjust my sql dataset to account for it but it will work.

Thanks

1 Like