Presenting a clearer period vs last period comparison in a table

I need to produce the following period definition on Quicksight, using a date filter:

Comparable Period Definition

• If day reporting has been chosen, it should report a day vs the same date last year
  • If week reporting has been chosen, it should report the week vs the same week last year
  • If month reporting has been chosen, it should report the month vs the same month last year ((or MTD if the date selection is a partial month)
  • If year reporting has been chosen, it should report the year vs the previous year (or YTD if the date selection is a partial year)

I implemented the following formula:

periodOverPeriodLastValue(distinct_count({account_name}), createddate, MONTH, 12)

I would like to see a clearer comparison of month versus month. Having a length table as above is difficult to really see the difference. Is there any other way to present the information for period vs last period in QS ?

How can I do the same for day, week, month and year ?

Thanks,

Hi Dinesh! A few examples of how you can do time comparisons is available on our DemoCentral site. https://democentral.learnquicksight.online/#Dashboard-FeatureDemo-Calculation-Period-Functions

You can interact with this published dashboard. If you hover over the top right corner, you will see a bar chart with a pencil icon appear. If you select that icon, it will take you to the analysis view so you can see how it was built.