Problem when changing time zone in a Box Plot visualization

I have a dashboard with this visualization

But when changing from UTC to UTC+1, one of the Box Plot displays goes blank

Do any of you have a solution?

Thank you very much in advance

Hi @Andres

The first thing I would do is to check that there is data for the day that disappears once the timezone is changed. If the date is datetime, maybe changing the timezone changes the original date.

Note that in order to use custom time zones, all datetime columns in a dataset must be normalized to UTC. If your datetime columns aren’t normalized in your data source, you need to convert the columns in your data source before you can use this feature.

If these are not the issue, then here are a few things to check that may help resolve the blank box plot issue when changing time zones in Amazon QuickSight:

• Make sure the date field being used is configured correctly as a date/time data type. Incorrect data types can cause issues with time zone handling.

• Verify that the time zone change is applying properly in the analysis overall. You can add a calculated field to display the current time zone and confirm it is showing UTC+1 after changing the setting.

• Check for gaps or irregularities in the underlying date/time data that could cause the box plot to blank out when shifting time zones. Data quality issues may surface differently across time zones.

• Simplify by removing other fields unrelated to the date-time dimension to isolate the root cause.

• As a workaround, you can convert the dates to strings in a calculated field to bypass time zone handling.

Please feel free to provide more details on the dataset and analysis for a more tailored troubleshooting approach.

Thanks,
GL

1 Like

Thanks GL
I have corrected the time and now it looks good. Thank you so much!!

Regards!!