Pushing data to dataset directly without storing in any persistent storage

Hi,
I have a use case where i want to fetch data from an API, and append it to the existing quicksight dataset. Based on that get the dashboard embed url and render it in the application.
How can i achieve this, one way could be to store data in RedShift and add it as a datasource. However, here i am not willing to store data. Just directly pass it to the dataset and get the dashboard with latest data.

1 Like

Hi @sohail - are you looking for the API to add the data in the existing data set? I do not think it is not possible from QuickSight. It is better to store in a table in redshift so that it will help you to make reporting on top of that.

Hi @Max @David_Wong - Any feedback on this?

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Or you could store the data as a file in S3 and use Quicksight to query S3 directly or use Glue and Athena.

1 Like

Hi @Sanjeeb2022 & @Lorrie_Monaghan, my use case it to fetch the data from some API and directly pass it to quicksight, as i don’t want to store that data. Is it possible to do that?

@sohail to do this you would need to use a third party tool, there is no native way of using Quicksight to connect directly to APIs that I am aware of.

2 Likes

Thanks @Lorrie_Monaghan . This is a good solution as well.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like