QS Settings Error for federated account

Dear QuickSight Community,

We are facing an issue with the Amazon QuickSight IAM Federated identities

Background:

• Our organization uses Google Workspace federated with AWS IAM Identity Center.
  • We’ve successfully implemented Single Sign-On (SSO) for accessing AWS services, including QuickSight.
  • Authentication is handled through AWS IAM Identity Center, and SSO works smoothly via web browsers.

Issue:

• Up until today, our system was working just fine. Today we started facing several issues. Some of them really concerning and some of them just silly.
  • Let me start with a minor issue: The buttons are not working properly anymore. If you click on the text on the button, it doesn’t respond or get clicked. However, if you click a little bit below, in the blue area, the button works. This issue applies to both creating datasets and dashboards.
  • When I visit Manage Quicksight > Manage Users > Manage role groups, i see this error
  • Lastly, we have lost our VPC connection, which is a very important deal since we lost connection with our Redshift,

When I press to the Add VPC Connection button, i am not allowed to create a new one.

What do you think the reason could be? Any insights, guidance, or steps to troubleshoot and rectify this issue would be highly appreciated.

Hello @gorkem.yontem.reef, first of all, I have also noticed that button issue as well and it is definitely strange. I am not sure what is causing it, but I can tag this issue as a feature request for the support team!

In regards to the other issues you are facing, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

Considering the level of severity and impact this has on your ability to utilize QuickSight, they are going to be the best resource to look into your account further and find out what went wrong. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello @gorkem.yontem.reef, since we have not heard back from you with any follow-up questions, I will archive this topic for our support team. Thank you for your feedback!