QuickSight connect to JDE OCI via Oracle Connector

Hello,
Anyone would know if QuickSight is able to connect to JDE OCI via the Oracle data connector?
If it is able to connect, what is the pattern for the Database server input?
I have set up a VPC and have tried a few options like ‘host ip’, ‘host ip/service name’, ‘host ip:port/service name’ then all got error of ‘UNKNOWN_HOST_FAILURE’, makes me wonder if the Oracle data connector is able to connect to JDE OCI?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @marz_nana, I have a few questions/thoughts on this. Is the Oracle data connector you are utilizing version 12c or later? That is one of the requirements for connecting with QuickSight. Based on some of the information I have reviewed, it seems like the main suggestion is migrating the data from JDE OCI via VPC into an RDS instance in order to reference it in QuickSight. That is the most likely scenario to make this work.

Hello @marz_nana, are you able to follow-up regarding the questions I asked in my last response? With a little more information, I can help guide you further. If we do not hear back from you in 3 days, I will archive this topic. Thank you!

Hello @marz_nana, since we have not heard back from you, I will archive this topic. If you need further assistance with this issue, please post a new question in the community and link this post. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!