Quicksight data source / data source give INTERNAL_ID_MISMATCH

Quicksight is set up together with RDS MySQL databases. So, I have an equal number of data sources and then data sets on top of that.

Two times every week we get a new RDS snapshot, so we need to destroy the current one and bring RDS up again with the new snapshot.

My assumption was that the QS data sources and data set would not be affected by this maneuver. But the result is that all of the become invalid with the error message INTERNAL_ID_MISMATCH and have to be recreated.

Is there a solution to this problem? In other words can I setup RDS or Quicksight in any way so that I dont have to recreate all data sources and data sets every time.

Hi,

As I understand, your RDS snapshot changed after some period of time. You restore the snaphot which change your database end point or Schema name changed which cause you to change the dataset etc.

You can change the QS connection string of datasource, don’t change the datasets all the dataset get data based on the connection so no need to change dataset etc.

Regards,
Naveed Ali

1 Like

I have setup all resources using terraform and there is no change in schema. The endpoint is not use when establishing the data source.

# aws quicksight describe-data-source give the following
{
    "Status": 200,
    "DataSource": {
        "Arn": "arn:aws:quicksight:eu-west-1:XXXX:datasource/rds-prod",
        "DataSourceId": "rds-prod",
        "Name": "rds-prod_data_source",
        "Type": "MYSQL",
        "Status": "CREATION_SUCCESSFUL",
        "CreatedTime": "2023-06-07T14:33:35.918000+02:00",
        "LastUpdatedTime": "2023-06-07T14:34:58.021000+02:00",
        "DataSourceParameters": {
            "RdsParameters": {
                "InstanceId": "rds-prod-snapshot",
                "Database": "xxxx"
            }
        },
        "VpcConnectionProperties": {
            "VpcConnectionArn": "arn:aws:quicksight:eu-west-1:XXX:vpcConnection/vpc-connection-id"
        },
        "SslProperties": {
            "DisableSsl": false
        }
    },
    "RequestId": "xxx"
}

Still I get this for me unknown issue INTERNAL_ID_MISMATCH.

Hello @Jesper_Almstrom !

I am going to archive this topic since it has been open for an extended period of time. If you would still like assistance with this, or if you have a new QuickSight question, feel free to post a new topic in the community so you will be at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!