Quicksight describe-analysis-definition api call fetches the older deleted datasets in the downloaded json definition

The analysis definition we get after downloading the json using aws quicksight describe-analysis-definition contains references to the old datasets in the filter groups even though they have been deleted from the frontend and we cannot find any traces of it on the frontend. Attaching an example for the same below

As you can see the first ID here has an identifier instead of the names and the id is the id of a deleted dataset. Whereas for all other parameters in the cft we can see that it downloads the json with correct names for datasets (instead of the id) and correct columns for all datasets present.
For comparison I have attached both scenarios in the below ss.

@Sanjeeb2022 @Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @shwetadaryani - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. This is a surprise event and I am expecting the json for the analysis should contain the right and updated details of the data sets and field values.

Hi @Kaushik_Damarla @ErikG @David_Wong @DylanM @sagmukhe - can you please help on this?

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hello @shwetadaryani, are you still experiencing this issue with the describe-analysis-definition json or was the problem resolved? If the deleted datasets are still being returned, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account.

They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

Otherwise, if you have any follow-up questions or further information you can provide, I can help guide you further. If we don’t hear back from you in 3 days, I will archive this topic. I hope this helps!

Hello @shwetadaryani, since we have not heard back from you, I will archive this topic. If you still need assistance with this issue after reaching out to support, please post a new topic in the community and link to this question. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!