Quicksight Graphs

Hello,

I’m trying to create for my customer exactly the same graph he has in Excel, as he asked.

But I encountered two issues.

His original graph has two Y axes, one representing the MW - electrical measure unit, the other representing the NIS - Israeli currency. His graph looks like this:

There are calculated fields that appear as stacked area line charts

And calculated fields that should appear as a line chart.

1. First, there is no graph that combines between stacked area line chart and line chart, so the most similar is the stacked bar combo chart.
    But in the original graph (the Excel) part of the lines referring to the left Y axis and part of them referring to the right axis.

In the Quicksight stacked bar combo chart I can’t find an option for that and it seems that it is possible only the chart referring to the one axis and the line referring to the opposite one.

1. In the stacked bar combo chart I can’t find the option to add description to the two Y axis as long as there are more than 1 calculated fields in each of the graph types .

Thanks in advance!
Noy

1 Like

Hello @Noys, if you want the result to be the closest option to your expected result, I think the best scenario would be to split it into 2 visuals side by side. You could show 1 as the stacked area line chart and the other as a regular line chart.

Alternatively, if you want to keep them in the same visual, your only option will be to convert the stacked area line chart portion into stacked bars in a stacked bar combo chart visual. You should be able to maintain the line graph portion and display 2 different y-axis for the 2 different data types.

As for the final point you mentioned, that may lead to the scenario where you break it up into 2 different visuals. If the option to add a description doesn’t appear though, then this is likely a feature request.

Let me know if this helps, I can help guide you further with a little more information. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Noys. Checking in. We have not heard back from you regarding your question. We’d still like to help. If we do not hear back in the next 3 days, we will archive the question.

1 Like

Hi @DylanM and @Xclipse
Thank a lot for your reply!
As I mentioned, it’s critic that it will be as match as possible to the original graph on the excel. I think the best scenario currently suppose to be the stacked bar combo chart. I would like to live the question open to may let other users the option to give advices to solve it with the current options.
It will may be something like to add 2 text boxes next to the graph to add description or something like that.
Thanks again.
Noy

@Noys, we’ll look into potential workarounds as well. We can archive the issue, but it will remain searchable, and we’ll make a note to reach out to you if a solution is found. Additionally, the roadmap includes the possibility of custom charts/graphs, so please keep an eye on the What’s New / Blog. You can set up a Watching Alert by clicking on the bell icon.