Quicksight pricing with Amazon Q

I want to know about the latest Quicksight pricing with Q. I also believe that Q is only available with Enterprise edition and that I need to add Q from the manage subscriptions console, am I right?
By my knowledge quicksight pricing is 24$/month for authors. Thank you!

Hi @maitreya10
please have a look at.

and

BR

1 Like

According to this, Authors with Q add on has a fee of 34$/month. But in the image I provide below, it also asks for a flat monthly fee(250$/month/region), Can you tell me about this flat monthly fee? @ErikG Thank you

" Accounts enabled with QuickSight Q are charged a $250/month QuickSight Q base fee."
If you use Q within your account you have to pay $250/month, and you get 500 questions/month

BTW you didnt added a image.

1 Like

@ErikG Sorry for that, here’s the image.

@ErikG Also, how are the number of questions calculated? Are the ones I ask to test and create the topic before publishing the dashboard also considered in the counting? If yes, then 500/month seems quite low.

@maitreya10 sorry but i dont know.

1 Like

For user based pricing it is fixed monthly pricing for Author and Reader for Q.

In case of anonymous user, if you want to go with capacity based pricing.
Capacity pricing allows QuickSight customers to purchase Reader sessions or QuickSight Q questions in bulk, without having to provision individual Readers in QuickSight. Capacity pricing is ideal for embedded applications or large-scale BI deployments. Below pricing applies only for readers. For Authors still you pay $34.

@maitreya10 Hope this clarifies. In your case for testing you are still charged Author fixed pricing.

2 Likes

@niyati Sure, thanks for this.

1 Like

Hi,

from documentation it seems like you have to pay $250 flat fee per month once Quicksight Q is enabled within your account even when you are using user based pricing.

I wanted to try exploring Quicksight Q and right now have a Author based license. It looks like along with $10 add on, I still have to pay $250 flat fee each month.

1 Like