QuickSight Subscription

Hi. I have a free trial Enterprise account started on 27th January, 2024. I use(d) it for learning purposes… The subscription says that I have about 12 days remaining in my free trial.

My question is, if the auto-renew option is turned off, would I still be charged from 26th February, 2024 (last date of the free trial) onwards? I am asking this because I would at the very least like to keep my Practice Analysis reports and dashboards available for my own viewing so that I can come back to them for reference purposes.

I understand that once I delete my QuickSight account and subscription to avoid any charges incurred, I will lose access to all the practice reports and dashboards I have created.

Thus, I was wondering, that with the auto-renew option turned off, would I still be charged for the account after the 30 day free trial gets over? I don’t mind not being able to work on the aforementioned reports but I would still like reading/viewing access to them, hence, the question.

@jayambalani ,

Thus, I was wondering, that with the auto-renew option turned off, would I still be charged for the account after the 30 day free trial gets over?

Once you free trial ends , you will be charged . ( How to end the QuickSight 30-day trial? | AWS re:Post )

Autorenew is for annual subscriptions when you bulk add authors.

Kind regards,
Koushik

Thank you for the reply. Is there any way for me to then instead externally save my analyses and dashboards for read-only purposes because as I understand once I delete my account, these will be gone.

Hi @jayambalani

One option i could think off … by using describe analysis definition you can export the content in JSON format and store it in code repository for you to access later .

You can refer to Democentral website for any sample & reference QuickSight Dashboards.

You can also publish the dashboards in Arena and share your learning experience with QuickSight Community .

Thanks
VInod