Rank function errors

Hi,

I want to rank sfdc accountid by '{recommendation for customer} ASC, and {incremental_revenue_csm} DESC.

here is my formular: rank([{recommendation for customer} ASC,{incremental_revenue_csm} DESC]).
The calculated field is working fine if I have only 1 column in the rank calculated field.

But I got error messges that: Table Calculation attribute referneces are missing in field wells

I have all the field used in the rank added to the table. Can you please help?

Additional info for your references:

incremental_revenue_csm is a column from original dataset.

I simply want to sort the table by 2 columns, recomendation for customer and incremental revenue csm. please let me know if there are other ways to achieve it.

Hi @Cindy

what if using only one column as rank? will the visual work that way?

To rank by two columns you could create two different rank (A & B) and calcualate the AVG. Could work in theory. :wink:

BR

Thanks for your reply. But in my case, I need to first sort the table by column’ recommendation for customer’ in acending order, the datatype is string. After that sort by incremnetal revenue in acending order.So I can not calculate the avg in my case. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Cindy

Hi @Cindy
could you please share some sample data?

i tried to think about it but got lost.

Following table:
grafik
You can sort sales_district asc and quantity asc. How should it work/look?

BR

please check the screenshot.
Recommendation is ‘recommendation for customer’
Succes Metric Incremental revenue is ’ incremental_revenue_csm’
sorting logic requested by users : Sort first by “Remove”, then sort low to high on the Success Metric

Hey @ErikG , checking if you have any updates here? Sry for bugging you. But we are planning to release the dashboard early next week.

Any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cindy

Hi @Cindy

what i was thinking about is

grafik

1. build a rank for the recommendation
  2. build a rank for the metric
  3. sum both rank and divide by 2

BR

It is working! Thank you so much!

1 Like