Redshift custom sql preview data not able exactly load on table visual

Hi,
Redshift custom sql data set as a specific format.
That same format unable to load on table visual.
Table inside data alignment collapsed. Un formed data showing. I want exactly redshift custom sql preview data set on table visual.

Hello @MohanrajP, welcome to the QuickSight community!

Just to clarify, the data is not displaying correctly within a table on the analysis view once the dataset is imported, is that correct? If so, do you have your dataset stored in SPICE when you import it from Redshift? Also, what are you seeing on the dataset preview when you are running your SQL query and is it formatted the way you are expecting there? With a little more information, I should be able to guide you towards a solution.

1 Like

Hi @DylanM , if run the redshift sql query below data structure
Parent jobid (column)+ jobid(column)
G001 + J001
Null + J002
Null + J003
Null . + J004
G002 + J001
Null + J002
Null + J003
Null . + J004

Above structure expected

But i got a table visual improper alignment below like
Parent jobid (column)+ jobid(column)
Null + J002
Null + J002
Null + J003
Null . + J003
Null + J004
Null + J004
G001 + J001
G002 + J001

Hello @MohanrajP, in the response data you posted above, it doesn’t look like the actual data coming in is incorrect, but rather the sorting of the data presented. Once your data is added into a table, QuickSight is going to want to sort based on one of your columns, either in ascending or descending order. With the way your first response looks, I am not sure you will be able to format it exactly the same way since the Parentjobid nor the jobid columns are sorted.

Is the problem that the fields between G001 and G002 are supposed to be assumed to be within the same parentjobid? If that is the case, you may just want to include the parent job id on all rows that it is associated so QuickSight will know how to return them appropriately. That is the best way to retrieve the data in the order you are wanting.

1 Like

Hello @MohanrajP, since we have not heard back from you, I will mark my above response as the solution. If you have any further questions on this issue, please let me know and I will try to guide you further. Thank you!

1 Like