Refresh error

Refresh error details

Ingestion Id

f2388b7c-4729-41ac-ab82-9d88ee3fab9e

Error type:

SQL_EXCEPTION Learn more

This is a general SQL error. This can be caused by query timeouts, resource constraints, unexpected DDL alterations before or during a query, and other database errors. Check your database settings and your query, and try again.

Error details:

I am getting a refresh error. I believe it is do to mismatch field format in data from Dyanmodb. Anyway to find what field is failing? Are there detail error logs?

Here’s the error

GENERIC_USER_ERROR: Encountered an exception[java.lang.ClassCastException] from your LambdaFunction[arn:aws:lambda:us-west-2:788237507077:function:performance-resulta-catalog] executed in context[S3SpillLocation{bucket=‘perf-spillbucket’, key=‘athena-spill/441f7c27-ddec-454b-aabe-361005c12e18/4f30fcff-99f1-432a-8f89-3765b13d7d16’, directory=true}] with message[class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class java.math.BigDecimal (java.lang.String and java.math.BigDecimal are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)] [Execution ID: 441f7c27-ddec-454b-aabe-361005c12e18]

Hi @hewong,

For what I can see from the error, the failure is coming from a Lambda function that is being executed from Athena. Maybe that Lambda function is giving you more logging in CloudWatch than what you are getting in the QuickSight error?

Hope this helps!

Did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community!