Replicate Tableau's Fixed

Hi Team,

So I’m trying to replicate this calculation from Tableau to Quicksight but am not able to achieve the same figs.

In Tableau:
Fixed Revenue by Diff = { FIXED [Weeks from Release]: SUM([Revenue])}

Trying to achieve this via LAC in Quicksight, I’ve tried but I’m getting inaccurate values
Fixed Revenue by Diff=sumOver(revenue,[{Weeks from Release}], PRE_FILTER)

I’ve retained the filters as is - what am I missing?

Thanks,
Tanisha

Try using PRE_AGG instead of PRE_FILTER.

Without seeing example data, I suspect that the other titles are being summed along with Spider-Man: No Way Home.

PRE_FILTER Specifies to sum the revenue before the filters are applied, so your filter on Title doesn’t look to have an impact in this caluclation.

Let me know if this works for you, thanks.

1 Like

Using PRE_AGG gives me the same value as the revenue for the title.

Yes, I’m hoping that my filter on title is overridden when calculating this field.

Should I be using a LAC-A over LAC-W or some combination of the two? Thanks!

@Biswajit_1993 , @Sanjeeb2022 - I’d like to know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Hi @Tanisha_Shetty - Could you share a small sample of input data and expected output? That will help me determine what is need in the QuickSight calculation. Thanks!

1 Like

@Tanisha_Shetty, Have you tried Sum(revenue,[{Weeks from Release}])?
LAC-A should help achieve what you need in this case. Refer to below link.Refer to below link for additional examples/use cases on LAC-A.

If you continue to see incorrect numbers after using LAC-A, it will be best to share sample data to look into this further.

1 Like