Restrict AUTHOR datasource creation for specific sources

Is there a way to restrict AUTHORS from creating specific data sources?

I know that custom permissions can prevent an author from creating any kind of data source - but what if I want to grant those users the ability to upload their static files (JSON, CSV etc) but prevent them from linking to any underlying database (Athena, Postgres or any other).

Is there a way to customize which data sources a user can manipulate?

Hello @nickvieira, welcome to the QuickSight community! Unfortunately, it seems like the only permissions you could alter would be giving or excluding access to alter existing datasources. There is not a function to give or remove access to creating datasources depending on the database type. I’ll link some documentation that would guide you through options regarding access rights to created datasource connections.

1 Like

Hello @nickvieira, did my response help resolve the issue you were facing in QuickSight?

1 Like

Hello @DylanM ,

I mean, I would definitely like to have the option to tailor which sources a user should interact and which ones he shouldn’t - as I think many users should have the option to upload a static file, but a very few should be able to manipulate an Athena or RDBMS connection. It is an interesting feature for the future.

But you did answer my question, so thank you! =)

Hello @nickvieira, I will go ahead and add a feature-request tag to this topic so it is on the radar of the QuickSight development team. Thank you for the feedback!