Restricting Access to Sheets via Rules?

Hey,

I am curious if such a feature exists or anyone has found a work around for getting some kind of rule expression working for sheets.

The ideal goal is having lets say 3 sheets in a Dashboard, but depending on RLS or Controls/Rules to show/hide some of these sheets for certain users?

Would appreciate if anyone has a solution or knows if this is currently in the backlog?

Hi @mason1
you can’t hide/show sheets within the same dashboard.
You could save the sheets as different dashboards and do a URL action based on the parameter.
BR

Hey,

If we are embedding a dashboard though, how will actions taking to different Dashboard work? Would it redirect to QS or would they stay in the embedding and just see the new Dashboard? Do you know this in advance before I do some testing to see how this works?

If the re-directing to a new DB stays in the embedding (which would be great), I suppose this doesn’t really help with only Client 1 can re-direct to A&B but Client 2 can re-direct to A.

Alternatively do we know if there is anyone working on hiding sheets via some sort of Rule based, it seems pretty simple but would be really effective for having a single DB work for multiple end users whilst not showing empty stuff which they may not be using/should not have access to. Just thinking about the user experience and how it could really beenfit this

Hello @mason1 and @ErikG !

@mason1 are you still working on this problem or were you able to find a solution?

To my knowledge, as long as you have the URL for the embedded sheet that you want to target , you should be able to use that in the navigation action.

I can mark having sheets show based on conditional rules as a feature request for the Quicksight team!