RLS(row-level security) error - No data found for the visual

Hi,
I’d like to manage my dashboard access by RLS, therefore I generated an excel file as below :
UserName,Manager(exactly same column name from dataset)
qwe(my alias),John

Then I added a new dataset from the excel file. - all data was set as string.
After that, I enabled RLS at dataset which is main source of my analysis.

However I am now unable to see the data under Manager John. - no data found for the visual
Is there any configuration error ?

Hello Jisoo,

First of all welcome to the QS community.

Since your don’t see data after RLS configuration, i assume its working but some missmatch in the ruke rule could be the cause …
To apply the dataset rules, you add the rules as a permissions dataset to your dataset. Keep in mind the following points:

The permissions dataset can't contain duplicate values. Duplicates are ignored when evaluating how to apply the rules.

Each user or group specified can see only the rows that match the field values in the dataset rules.

If you add a rule for a user or group and leave all other columns with no value (NULL), you grant them access to all the data.

If you don't add a rule for a user or group, that user or group can't see any of the data.

The full set of rule records that are applied per user must not exceed 999. This limitation applies to the total number of rules that are directly assigned to a username, plus any rules that are assigned to the user through group names.

If a field includes a comma (,) Amazon QuickSight treats each word separated from another by a comma as an individual value in the filter. For example, in ('AWS', 'INC'), AWS,INC is considered as two strings: AWS and INC. To filter with AWS,INC, wrap the string with double quotation marks in the permissions dataset.

If the restricted dataset is a SPICE dataset, the number of filter values applied per user can't exceed 192,000 for each restricted field. This applies to the total number of filter values that are directly assigned to a username, plus any filter values that are assigned to the user through group names.

If the restricted dataset is a direct query dataset, the number of filter values applied per user varies from data sources.

Fore more info -Using row-level security (RLS) with user-based rules to restrict access to a dataset - Amazon QuickSight

If it still does not work… I would also recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further and recommend best approaches based on your scenario. Here are the steps to open a support case . If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.
Hope this helps!

Thank you.
Cheers,
Deep