RLS used to exclude value instead of include

How can I use Row Level Security to exclude a tag value

i.e. Show all rows where tag id does NOT equal 5.

Hello @mchrenka, welcome to the QuickSight community!

Unfortunately, this functionality is not currently available with user-based or tag-based rules. The RLS only functions in a way to provide access if the value applied to the user is equal to rather than not equal to. There could be a work-around but it would require all of your RLS rules to function this way. You could build a dataset based on users, apply all of the values to each of the columns you want to restrict, then you could try utilizing the dynamic default feature on parameters. Now when you filter based on parameter values, you are able to utilize the Does not Equal feature. I’m not sure if this will help resolve your current issue, but maybe it is a possible alternate solution.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a
better service. I have tagged this as a feature request as well. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, otherwise I will archive this topic for our support team. Thank you!

Hello @mchrenka, since we have not heard back with any follow-up questions, I will archive this topic. If you have any further questions, please post a new topic in the community. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!