Row names - NEW LOOK

Since I began using the NEW LOOK for QS I am now unable to edit the Row Names in the Properties editor of a pivot table visual You used to be able to click on the actual name in the visual (pivot table) and update directly or in the editor under Row names but now it’s greyed out but you can type in the text in the Properties, but you do not see any change on the actual visual. I know this is since the NEW LOOK was released because I have visuals created before and they have been manually edited, but I am now unable to make changes to the row name. When will this be fixed? or is there a work around?

Hello kjaques,

From the description of reported issue, it seems the layout of the pivot table under “Properties > Pivot Options” is set to Hierarchy. To fix, kindly set the layout option to “Tabular”.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

It does work. Thank you.
Does this mean I now have to reset all my pivot tables? Is there a way to make this the default?

Hello Kjaques,

All pivot tables created after the launch of the ‘hierarchy’ option will start with hierarchy layout as the new default experience without affecting existing pivot table visuals. To fix, kindly set the layout option to “Tabular”.

Regards,