Salesforce Data Refresh -

Hello - has anyone successfully figured out how to refresh Salesforce data using the out of the box connector? It seems like connecting to Salesforce overall is a huge issue for Quicksight.

I repeatedly encounter the same token error posted in several threads (below). I’ve ran some tests and from my experience it seems like Quicksight is OK refreshing 1-2 Salesforce data sources, but once a 3rd source is added the refresh token on the first gets expired and I can no longer connect to the first set. As mentioned in other threads - there is NO way to re-authenticate with Salesforce in the Quicksight UI.

We’ve adjusted our OAuth settings based on directions to relax IP restrictions & to allow a refresh token to be stored until revoked but nothing seems to work. AWS Support is essentially useless in helping solve the problem - they’ve told me to do the above steps or just start fresh with a data source each time (insane suggestion from a data company).

Has anyone had success here? Feel like I’m beating my head against a wall with something that nearly every other tool in the BI space has no issue with.

Articles with Salesforce Connector Issues:

1. Is there a way to refresh Salesforce OAUTH Token?
  2. Refresh Salesforce data source
  3. Whats the best way to refresh Oauth Credentials for a Salesforce dataset? - #3 by daniel.kemp1389
  4. Connection salesforce

I agree. this has been a problem that has come up in the past.

I will mark this as a bug. If you also want you can open up a case that might expediate this problem.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!