Schedule Paginated Reports for the last day of the month

I have an invoice paginated report to send out to our customers. They would like the report to send out on the last day of every month. I can select a day, and wanted to know if I pick 31 will it the report send on the last day of months that don’t have 31 days or will it skip that month.

1 Like

Hey @Alan_J_Lowenstein, I looked into this with @duncan, and I think we found the solution. It is a bit messy, but you can use the custom option in the dropdown rather than selecting day or month, and you can manually add the last day of each month. This wouldn’t exactly be dynamic after the last date you set, but it least be set for a bunch of months in advance. I’ll post a screenshot of how we formatted that below, but I will also tag this as a feature request for the support team to implement a last day per month option when scheduling reports. I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks @DylanM and @duncan - It’s is a bit messy as I need to go back and remember that we didn’t schedule out far enough. Alternatively is there a way through an API call to generate the report and send it. While I have you, can paginated reports be sent to non-QS user’s email?

2 Likes

Hello @Alan_J_Lowenstein, I will look into the API documentation and see what I can find in regards to scheduling the reports. I am not certain there is functionality for this at the moment. As for the emails, they can only be sent to users with QuickSight accounts to view them. I suppose you might be able to bypass that by having the report be public and forwarding the emails. That would be the most likely way to get the information to people outside of the account.

1 Like

Hi @Alan_J_Lowenstein,

Regarding the API question, you can use the StartDashboardSnapshotJob call to generate the paginated report. This won’t email the report, but you can collect the exported files from the S3 bucket and build a process around that to email reports to the intended recipients.

Many Thanks,
Andrew

2 Likes

Thank you - and perfect

2 Likes