Schedule report sendout based on alert OR custom Alert email

Hello is there a way to schedule a report based on a triggered alert?

On another note is there any reason why the alert email cannot reproduce the whole source table from which it was created? Can the default alert email be customized?

Many Thanks in advance,
Francesco

Hi @Franc3sc0 - Thanks for the question. At present I believe the schedule report can be delivered in the basis of schedule ( as per documentation - Scheduling and sending reports by email - Amazon QuickSight). I believe there is no option available to send the email upon on a trigger and you can not custom the alert email ( possibly the customization should be done at dashboard level). This can be consider as a feature request.

By saying that let’s hear from other experts on this @ErikG @DylanM @David_Wong @Biswajit_1993 @sagmukhe

Regards - Sanjeeb

Thank you very much @Sanjeeb2022 lets see what is possible or have this as feature request. Basically my client would like to take action once the alert email is received but cannot do so if the alert email does not allow to see the underling data at hand. The scheduling will not work for this request because we need the report sent only
if the alert is triggered . The other point is having the alert sent right away not with a fixed timeframe that would reduce the time of action he has.

1 Like

Hi @Franc3sc0 - Thanks. Need one details, how do we generate the event like do you have rule on the data sets and when the rule satisfy, then trigger alert. If the data is in tabular format , can we explore threshold alert, not sure whether it will fulfil your requirement or not.

Regards - Sanjeeb

hello @Sanjeeb2022 I have implemented the threshold alert but that does not give me full details of the underling date related to the alert. I would like to have a snapshot of the report where I have the alert (ie if I have a table I would like to see full table on the alert email)

Hi @Franc3sc0 - I believe this is the expected behavior. It will provide the details for records where the threshold happened. Possibly this can be an additional option we can request QuickSight team to add it.

Hi @Ramon_Lopez - Any advise on this.

Regards - Sanjeeb