Scheduled emails are missing

Hi,

The scheduled emails (which leads to the CSV file downlaod link) are missing for some days. What could be the reason ? Please advise. Thanks !

Hi @Saral - If your output report do not contain any data, the email may not be delivered. Can you please check whether report have any data or not for those days where emails are not delivered.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022 - Thanks for the response. The dashboard has the schedule to run daily at 12:00 AM. The related dataset is scheduled to run hourly. The dataset ran at 11:59 PM yesterday(06/20) and 12:59 AM today(06/21). Same number of rows inserted into the table for both the runs. But the email did not arrived for today. Please advise.

Hi @Saral - Can you please confirm the below details.

1. Is it a new dashboard? or earlier the email functionality worked fine but this observed for the first time.
  2. Is the symptom is specific to this dashboard or other dashboard as well?

Can you manually schedule once and see whether the email is delivered or not. Just to ensure there is no other issues with the dashboard.

To do a detail level of analysis for this kind of issues, better to raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can validate the configuration and see the details by screenshare. To raise the request, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Tagging @Max and @David_Wong for their advise on this as well.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022 - Please find the below details.

1. It is a old dashboard. The email functionality added recently for the newly added paginated report. The email functionality worked fine for last 20 days and it is not working for random days. Till now we missed two days.
  2. Five dashboards are scheduled like this but only two are having issues.

Yes, I manually completed the run by using the “SEND TEST” option. I received the emails that leads to csv file download link.

I appreciate your help on this ! Thanks !

1 Like

Hi @Saral - Thanks for the details. The behavior is very strange. Can you please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team to help on this. To raise the request, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb

Thanks @Sanjeeb2022 !