Scripting code for migrating QuickSight dashboard from one environment to another?

I need to migrate a Quicksight dashboard that is currently on QC environment to Dev environment. Can someone tell me the easiest way to do that as well as provide me the programming scripts (if required) for the same?

1 Like

Hi @tyagivmic221,

Welcome to Quicksight Community and thank you for posting your question!

Please refer these below video and blog on migrations. It has the script and explanations. I hope that helps, please let us know.

Thank you,
Shravya

1 Like

Hi @tyagivmic221 - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. One of the approach you can explore to export the artifacts and then import it. By saying that, please go through the documents provided by @shravya , especially the second one.

Thanks @shravya for sharing this.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi @tyagivmic221 , Welcome to the community. As @shravya mentioned, my colleague and I wrote a blog a few years ago (circa 2021) that outlined the general process using the AWS CLI. In the interest of you having other options, we have developed a script-/code-free solution which is available on AWS Marketplace called “OverSight for Amazon QuickSight”. OverSight allows developers to move QuickSight resources across disparate AWS Accounts using a simple-to-use Web Interface; no scripting, code or CLI required. You can register for a Free-Trial OverSight account to see if it will meet your needs.

1 Like